[EMS Announce] Board Elections and Annual Meeting

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Nov 7 20:50:24 PST 2012

Hi everyone,

It's just about time for us to hold our first annual meeting since Eugene
Maker Space was founded!  The meeting will be held on Saturday, December
8th at 1:00PM.

At this meeting we also have to elect our new board.  There are currently
five positions on the board and all members in good standing will get to
vote to fill those slots.  We are working on an electronic voting system
that will allow you to vote online in the event that you cannot make it to
the membership meeting or otherwise do not wish to attend.  This should
help us reach our quorum so we can officially elect the new board right
away.  More details about the electronic voting system will follow, but the
most important thing to note is that the polls will close on Saturday,
December 8th at 2:00PM.  That is exactly one hour after the meeting starts.
 This will give candidates some time to speak their peace before the votes
are all cast.

Do you think you might want to run for a board position for 2013?  Please
do!  This is your chance to step up and make a difference in this
community.  If you think you want to run for a board position, please send
an email to the discussion list or talk to some members in person to let us
all know why you want to be on the board and what you can bring to the
table.  Another member must nominate you for a board position.  If you wish
to nominate someone for a board position, please send an email to the
discussion mailing list with a subject line of "NOMINATION - Member Name".
 That will make it easy for us to keep track of nominations.  Nominations
will close on November 30th, so make sure you get all of your nominations
in before December 1st.

We encourage all members who are interested in this voting process (or are
interested in running for a position) to familiarize themselves with our
current governing documents.  You can review the most recent version of our
governing documents on the EMS wiki:
http://www.eugenemakerspace.com/wiki/Sites/EugMakerSpace

If anyone has any questions about any of this, feel free to email
EMAIL HIDDEN and one of us will help you out where possible.