[Discuss] [Member Access] RFID Door Access.. Progress update (Action Items).

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Dec 20 11:11:53 PST 2011

I think these cards might be compatible with your RFID reader James:

http://www.amazon.com/RFID-Credit-Card-Tag-125kHz/dp/B005ZZ5Y88/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1324407458&sr=1-2-fkmr0

Is this the reader you are using?

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8419

The RFID cards you linked to on Sparkfun use EM4001 encoding.  The cards I
just linked to on Amazon are EM4102 encoding.  I found this Sparkfun forum
post that makes me think the EM4102 tags are backwards compatible with
EM4001 readers:

http://forum.sparkfun.com/viewtopic.php?t=1055&view=previous&sid=d8ef0254da035119f9cb9a207be3bc84

I mention this because I have a 1 month Amazon Prime trial so I can get 2
day shipping on the Amazon tags for free I think.  I think I will order a
couple of them and see if they work.  Can you just confirm what RFID reader
chip you are using so I can be more confident before spending the money?

Rick