[Discuss] Near-space balloon: Will need to source balloon

Laura Harris EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Nov 1 16:52:53 PDT 2011

We may want to go a little bigger so we have a little wiggle room.  112 ft^3 generates right at 7 lb L at standard temp and pressure.

________________________________
From: Ben Hallert - Vipmail <EMAIL HIDDEN>
To: Laura Harris <EMAIL HIDDEN>
Cc: "EMAIL HIDDEN" <EMAIL HIDDEN>
Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2011 4:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Discuss] Near-space balloon: Will need to source balloon

Ballionsdirect.com (just googled weather balloons) has 5.5 ft diameter balloons with 5.5lb capacity for $34.  This seems quite doable.  How much roughly should the 80-90 ft^3 of He cost?

- Ben

I spoke to Vance today and he couldn't find the two balloons he thought he could donate, so we'll need to source a balloon. I did a quick look online and there are plenty of sources but if anyone has a known-good source, please let us know.