[Discuss] Near-space Balloon: A couple more drawings

Laura Harris EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Nov 4 11:51:38 PDT 2011

I almost put a break in the line to indicate "some unspecified long length". :)

I was going to ask about the name this evening at the shop- I picked up 'society' in one of the emails. I'll change all instances.

________________________________
From: Rick Osgood <EMAIL HIDDEN>
To: Laura Harris <EMAIL HIDDEN>
Cc: "EMAIL HIDDEN" <EMAIL HIDDEN>
Sent: Friday, November 4, 2011 10:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Discuss] Near-space Balloon: A couple more drawings

Looks good Laura, thanks for working on that.  Looking at the second image (the one that includes the balloon) I want to mention that normally people tend to stick a 20-30 foot piece of rope between the parachute and the balloon.  I can't recall the exact reasons for this but it seems to be the usual way of doing things.  I realize it's impractical to include that in a diagram like that though.

Also, I'm not sure where "society" came from but it might be worth mentioning that our group's name is actually Eugene Maker Space.

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Laura Harris <EMAIL HIDDEN> wrote:

The plan x-section gives a better picture of the reinforcing rib layout. The main assy dwg is a statement of the obvious but still nice to see how it all goes together :)