[Discuss] Large Shelving at the shop

Kevin King EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Nov 7 12:09:38 PST 2011

I have made shelves like this before.  They are pretty easy to build.  They
would have to be slightly modified for our high ceiling, but that should not be
to difficult.

http://www.blackanddecker.com/Step-By-Step-Detail.aspx?id=Blog:c2a72b18-629c-444d-a605-643c86467ba5Post:3cc5dfc7-272f-41d2-927a-a588355940f3

________________________________
From: Rick Osgood <EMAIL HIDDEN>
To: EMAIL HIDDEN
Sent: Mon, November 7, 2011 11:30:08 AM
Subject: [Discuss] Large Shelving at the shop

We want to build some large storage at the space so we can store projects in
progress, or just larger boxes/bins of stuff to give us more work space.  I feel
this is something that should be done soon so we can move some of the boxes out
of our way and we can have more space to work.  Does anyone have any good design
ideas for large shelving?  We were originally thinking of building the shelving
out of 2x4's so it would be around 8 feet tall and 8 feet long.  Does anyone
have experience building large sturdy shelving?

I'd like to get a simple design plan together so a few of us can meet up, buy
the materials and then put it all together.  It shouldn't take more than a
couple of hours once we have it planned out and acquired the materials.  Anyone
have any input?

Rick