[Discuss] Near-space Balloon: A couple more drawings

Laura Harris EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Nov 8 07:16:18 PST 2011

The foam sphere arrived yesterday and the insert fits nice and tight- it took just a little bit of sanding-of-high-spots to get it to nest almost perfectly into the half-shell.

I'll take some pics tonight when I get home from work.

________________________________
From: Laura Harris <EMAIL HIDDEN>
To: Dirk Godsey <EMAIL HIDDEN>
Cc: "EMAIL HIDDEN" <EMAIL HIDDEN>; Rick Osgood <EMAIL HIDDEN>
Sent: Monday, November 7, 2011 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: [Discuss] Near-space Balloon: A couple more drawings

The black stuff is latex moisture barrier. It's not the prettiest build but it is very strong and it weighs only 103 grams (in spite of the excess hotmelt I managed to get everywhere- just call me 'Pig-pen' :P)

Two of these (one for each half) will come in at just under a 1/2 lb. The foam sphere will add another 4 oz (est.) and fiberglass and resin another 6 oz or so, so we should end up at around 18-20 oz for the capsule.