[Discuss] Access security; RFID door lock

Laura Harris EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Nov 10 12:50:31 PST 2011

I'm not interested in taking over but am totally willing to help get the work done. I'm pretty adept with electronics assembly, electro-mechanical stuff, and whatnot.

________________________________
From: Rick Osgood <EMAIL HIDDEN>
To: Laura Harris <EMAIL HIDDEN>
Cc: Dirk Godsey <EMAIL HIDDEN>; "EMAIL HIDDEN" <EMAIL HIDDEN>
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 12:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Discuss] Access security; RFID door lock

Well Clif was working on a system already and he put a bunch of notes in the wiki.

https://www.eugeneweb.com/twiki/bin/view/Sites/ElectronicDoorLock

We don't have to use the system he was working on but many of those parts have already been purchased so it may help with budget.  We basically need someone to just take charge and build something that will work reliably.  If you want to do it then by all means please do.  I think I remember Ellery saying that Clif's lock project was handed off to him but I'm not sure he's worked on it at all yet so you may want to coordinate with him just to be sure there is no duplicate work happening.

Rick

Getting this working feels like it should be our highest priority if we want to make the space the sort of communal shop I think we all would like it to be. What are the roadblocks preventing a timely implementation (and by timely, I mean like within the next 5-10 days)?