[Discuss] Access security; RFID door lock

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Nov 10 13:53:03 PST 2011

Thanks James.  I have two or three of these RFID readers that I can donate
to this project if you would like:

http://www.parallax.com/StoreSearchResults/tabid/768/txtSearch/RFID/List/0/SortField/4/ProductID/114/Default.aspx

Let me know if you all decide to go the RFID route and if you would like to
use this reader for the project and I'll drop it off with whomever.  This
one is really easy to interface to an Arduino or something similar but it
kind of lacks in the security department since the tags can be spoofed
relatively easily by a knowledgeable attacker.  I'm not sure that's
something we should really worry too much about though since a normal every
day key is also easily duplicated and those locks are used every where.

Rick