[Discuss] Knowledge sharing

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Nov 11 16:41:14 PST 2011

I would also like to learn more about welding and metal working in general.
 I'd really like to be able to build larger structural pieces out of metal
that are reliable and strong for those random projects that might require
some kind of metal frame.  Welding seems to be a common thread among most
of us so maybe if someone has more experience than the rest in using a wire
feed MIG welder like we have at the shop, they could put on a sort of class
to teach the rest of us.  We could schedule it out and put it on the
website to invite others to join.  We could probably get some small metal
scraps to bring down to the shop for everyone to get some practice in.  I
think that would be way fun.

I have experience using microcontrollers including Arduino and Parallax SX
chips so if anyone needs help with that I'd be happy to lend a hand or
share what I know when possible.  I have also build a few electronic
circuits using microcontrollers that were "stand alone" projects as Bob had
mentioned.  I have never designed and fabbed a board but I have experience
with building those types of stand alone circuits.  I don't have any formal
electronics training so I don't necessarily know the "right" or "wrong"
ways to do things.  But I am more than willing to share my experiences with
anyone who thinks it might help.