[Discuss] Cool 5 minute talk about a Ball bot.

Mr. Clif EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Nov 23 11:03:48 PST 2011

Hey Robert!,

I just sent a link for that to the Maker Space discuss list (CCed
above). ;-)

My video player happened to freeze at just the right frame for me to see
that there are three largish ball bearings on the bottom pressed in with
spring steel. At the top of the ball it only contacts the three driving
wheels. The three axis are obviously at 120 degrees, I wonder if the
down tilt is also 120? ;-)

Yes it does look like a fun project doesn’t it? Reminds me of the home
built seguways that this guy from hackers was making on the cheep. He
would have parts for sure. Hmmmm....

So you need at least a good six axis accelerometer, Three motors and
drivers, Controller and batteries! Oh, and those fancy sliding wheels
would be handy too. :-D

Clif