[Discuss] DorkbotPDX PCB Orders

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Nov 29 09:41:43 PST 2011

I stumbled across this via the HeatSync Labs mailing list today.  It
appears that DorkbotPDX does batch PCB orders on a regular basis.

http://dorkbotpdx.org/wiki/pcb_order

The cost seems pretty reasonable and they are open to work with anyone
anywhere, so I'm sure they would be willing to work with a hackerspace
based in Oregon.  I didn't see anywhere on their page that said what
company they go through the get the boards made but the HSL guys who went
through this group ordering process with DorkbotPDX seemed to get good
results.

I know there were people here at EMS talking about wanting to have PCBs
fabbed some day in the future so I thought I would just post this out to
the group so we could all keep it in the back of our minds for when the
time comes.  There are plenty of options out there for getting boards
fabbed, but this seems like a great way for hobbiests to get small runs of
small boards done on the cheap without sacrificing quality.  I know some
places you have to pay like $30 per board which is kind of expensive for a
small board.

Rick