[Discuss] Near-space balloon: Foam ball located and purchased

Mon Oct 31 12:51:41 PDT 2011

The ball comes split in half so it's just a matter of holding it together in flight. I've attached a pic of a sketch showing a preliminary idea for construction.

From: Rick Osgood <EMAIL HIDDEN>
To: Laura Harris <EMAIL HIDDEN>
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Discuss] Near-space balloon: Foam ball located and purchased

Sweet!  Do you plan to mold something around the sphere?  I'm curious to see your final design and how we will be able to open it up and mount everything.

I found a 12" dia hollow polystyrene foam ball and purchased one. Should be here in a few days. This is it: http://www.plasteelcorp.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?