[Discuss] Near-space balloon: Foam ball located and purchased

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 31 13:58:54 PDT 2011

I just had another thought about the design of the chassis that we didn't
bring up at our meeting yesterday.  We need to be careful about the
material the payload is made of as well as the GPS placement.  The eTrex
doesn't have an external antenna so we need to make sure it can get an
accurate GPS lock from inside the payload.  So any metal above it would be
a bad idea.  So the chassis needs to be insulated but with material that
the GPS radio signals can get through.