[Discuss] Logo Ideas

Thomas A Ramsey EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 31 19:32:25 PDT 2011

 Thank you all for your support. I like where you're going Ben.
 Something that represents the culture yet is unique to who we are.
 Instead of me just coming up with ideas and seeing what the members
 think I would like to instead lead the organization of a logo design
 initiative.

 I think what I would like to do is organize a time line and mechanism
 for input. So since we are at the end of the month it works out nicely
 to declare this the opening of PROJECT LOGO.

 I will start taking all (serious) elements for input and recording
 them. Tentatively at the end of the month I'll send out a list of color
 schemes, characters/letters/words/phrases (if any), symbols, and other
 elements from the members and we can take a vote on which should be in
 the final design. After that we can will start the design process. Any
 member can submit entries to be voted on as "finalist(s)" in the next
 month. That would put us at the new year.

 After that we can refine the final design(s) and take a final vote
 perhaps at the end of January. This gives us some time to get
 established and develop a bit of character as an organization to lend to
 the logo.

 Please, let me know what you think of this plan before we get started!

 -Tom