[EMS Discuss] Working with Steel?

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Aug 7 14:24:31 PDT 2012

Ellery and I were building a vacuum forming machine for EMS.  Our current
status is that we need to finish cutting/grinding some square steel tubing,
then drill some holes and weld a frame together.  Ellery just moved several
hours away so the project is resting on me at the moment.  I'm curious if
anyone here has experience working with steel tubing (particularly the
welding part) and wants to help out with the project.  We have that flux
wire welder at the shop (that can also be setup for MIG but need more
parts).  If anyone is interested, please let me know.  I'll be at the shop
tonight from 6-8PM.  Feel free to show up if you have some free time and
want to help out.  We were working on this every Tuesday night for a few
weeks until the Red Bull challenge hit and the project has stagnated since.
 I want to get it started again but it's tough to get motivated when I
don't really know what I'm doing with steel!

Rick