[EMS Discuss] Fwd: SPICE Science Open House

Mark Danburg-Wyld EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Aug 28 12:37:52 PDT 2012

This seems like a good opportunity for some outreach/recruiting.
Anyone interested in helping me with a demonstration table at this
event? Or in lending me something worth demo-ing? If I have the
printrbot functioning by then, I would bring it, but based on my track
record so far that seems like a stretch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Greetings Scientists and Educators,

The Science Program to Inspire Creativity and Excellence (SPICE) will
hold the 2nd annual "Science Open House" September 19, 2012 in the
Willamette Hall Atrium (6:00pm-9:00pm).  The purpose of the event is
to help connect community families to UO outreach programs with
science components.  Public attendees will include K-8 children and
their parents as well as educators in the community.

SPICE will provide several hands on activities and demonstrations such
as the "Laser Maze," "Flubber Factory," "Egg Drop" and the all age
"Science Triathlon."

You are invited to attend and participate in this event as well.  Do
you have a program families might be interested in?  Do you have a fun
demonstration or activity you would like to share with the public?
Would you like to volunteer to help with set up/take down or staff a
demonstration table?  Then sign up for a table at the Open House!

How to sign up:

1) Your name
2) The name of your program
3) What you would like to do (volunteer/literature table/demonstration table)
4) What you require (table, electricity, water, etc)

We look forward to hearing from you, and please feel free to share
this email and the attached flyer with others you think might be
interested in attending, presenting a table or volunteering to assist
with the event.

Many thanks,
Brandy Todd
Director
Science Program to Inspire Creativity and Excellence (SPICE)

Brandy Todd
Assistant Director for Administration
Oregon Center for Optics
1274 University of Oregon