[EMS Discuss] NOMINATION - Clif Cox

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Dec 4 12:49:18 PST 2012

The short answer is Yes.  You actually don't need to be seconded for the
board elections.

The actual document is here:
http://eugenemakerspace.com/wiki/Sites/EmsPolicy and it's under the "board
member qualifications" section.  The relevant statement from that doc is, "A
Candidate must also be nominated, and accept, by another member in good
standing."

So you can see you don't actually need to be seconded but I can see how
that is confusing since other nominees were seconded and in order to vote
on something at our member meetings a topic must be seconded.  In this case
however, you do not need to be seconded.

Thank you for asking though as this is important.

Rick

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Pat/Juke/Whatever... <EMAIL HIDDEN