[EMS Discuss] Incubator Humidifier

Mr. Clif EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Dec 12 18:58:54 PST 2012

Hey Kevin,

I was just cleaning up my garage (the mice got into my boxes, Arg!) and
a solution to your incubator humidifier problem just popped into my
head. What if instead of pumping water into the incubator, you heated up
a small amount that was in a container outside it? Then it would
evaporate or even make steam which would flow though a short tube into
the warm area.

Have one of those upside down (gerbil)bottles that dips into a very
small reservoir which is sealed except for a short plastic hose that
goes into the incubator. Put a heating element perhaps like the ones
that go into a coffe cup into the reservoir, and use PWM on it or at
least turn it on for short durations while you wait for the Humidity to
come up. Of course you need a sensor for that. As the reservoir dries up
the bottle will refill it to the level that it dips into it.

     Ciao,
     Clif