[EMS Discuss] Corvallis Maker Event

Bob Miller EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Dec 21 15:40:29 PST 2012

I emailed Robin.  Here is the message she sent back.

I think we should definitely participate in this, either individually or as
a group.

----------------------------------

Hiya,****

** **

Great to hear from you!****

** **

We don’t have a web page yet . . .  this is our library’s first foray into
a Makerspace type of event and we’re in the planning stages right now. I’ve
attached a recruitment flyer that you’re welcome to share. Since this is
our first Maker event, we’re not doing an official Maker Faire and we’re
keeping things smallish.****

** **

Here’s a bit more info:****

**-      **event will be held in our library’s Main Meeting Room****

**-      **dates: Wed, March 27th and Thurs, March 28th, 2013 . . .
probably from 12-4pm each day****

**-      **we’ll have about 6 to 7 makers per day, with different people
for each day****

**-      **we’re paying exhibitors/makers $50. for the 4 hour show****

**-      **previous experience with a Maker Faire is a huge plus, of course!
****

**-      **this is an All Ages event and we're definitely interested in
hands-on activities, with an emphasis on hi tech/artsy/science/music/things
that go or light up****

**-      **we expect attendance to be high as we’re scheduling the event
during the school district’s Spring Break week****

**-      **we’ll have lots of publicity and hopefully the local paper will
cover the event as it’s the first of its kind in Corvallis

****

I only have one person booked so far, with a couple of other maybes that
the committee is going to decide on in early January.****

** **

I’d love to find a few inventors with cool things to show off, or someone
who’s got hi-tech gadgetry. That doesn’t mean we’re not interested in
someone if they have a great arts/craft project, though.****

** **

**To apply, just send me an email with a project/exhibit proposal and some
pics, if possible. There’s no deadline – we’re booking people on a rolling
basis as we find them.******

** **

Questions or concerns? Feel free to email as needed.****

** **