[Discuss] Eugene Maker Space Grand Opening

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 4 10:16:22 PST 2012

There hasn't been much discussion here at all.  Is anyone interested in
helping out with this event at all?  Specifically I'm curious to know if
anyone wants to help out with the following:

1) Give a brief presentation about a project you have worked on or are
working on.  It doesn't need to be anything fancy or formal.  Just
something fun.  Maybe 10 minutes long?

2) Bring a project in that you have completed or are working on and just
talk about it with other people that come in.  Rather than do an actual
presentation, just chat with people about it.

3) Help with a soldering workshop.  We are going to have a few electronics
kits for people to learn some basic soldering skills if they are interested
but we will always need someone there to help them out and make sure they
don't do anything obviously wrong.  This will probably rotate throughout
the event but it would be nice to know ahead of time who will be available
to help out with this.

If you will be able to assist in any way, please let us know in this thread
ahead of time.  It will greatly help us plan this event so we can make it
as awesome as possible.  We are really hoping to draw in some new members
through the grand opening.

Rick