[Discuss] Eugene Maker Space Grand Opening

Laura Harris EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 4 11:33:49 PST 2012

I can't commit because my sister is going in for open heart surgery on the 13th- she is in pretty bad shape and her surgery is going to be extensive (est 10-12 hours) and very risky. I lost my brother a few years back to the same thing my sis is going in for (gotta love genetics) . . .

________________________________
 From: Rick Osgood <EMAIL HIDDEN>
To: Bob Miller <EMAIL HIDDEN>
Cc: discuss <EMAIL HIDDEN>; Ellery Weber <EMAIL HIDDEN>
Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 10:16 AM
Subject: Re: [Discuss] Eugene Maker Space Grand Opening

There hasn't been much discussion here at all.  Is anyone interested in helping out with this event at all?  Specifically I'm curious to know if anyone wants to help out with the following:

1) Give a brief presentation about a project you have worked on or are working on.  It doesn't need to be anything fancy or formal.  Just something fun.  Maybe 10 minutes long?

2) Bring a project in that you have completed or are working on and just talk about it with other people that come in.  Rather than do an actual presentation, just chat with people about it.

3) Help with a soldering workshop.  We are going to have a few electronics kits for people to learn some basic soldering skills if they are interested but we will always need someone there to help them out and make sure they don't do anything obviously wrong.  This will probably rotate throughout the event but it would be nice to know ahead of time who will be available to help out with this.

If you will be able to assist in any way, please let us know in this thread ahead of time.  It will greatly help us plan this event so we can make it as awesome as possible.  We are really hoping to draw in some new members through the grand opening.

Rick

I'm planning to make a flyer this weekend.  I haven't started on it yet.