[Discuss] Power Cable Needed

Kevin King EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jan 6 13:50:10 PST 2012

I guess what I meant by "no time" was a heck of a lot faster than the radiant
heaters.  The new heater should work better and a lot quicker than what we have
now.  But we don't have the budget, ventilation, or natural gas plumbing for
anything large enough to really heat the space.  I would prefer to have natural
gas dropped in and a commercial heater installed, but that is way beyond what we
can afford.  Plus, hopefully we will outgrow our  space in 3-10 months and move
to a better location.

________________________________
From: Laura Harris <EMAIL HIDDEN>
To: Kevin King <EMAIL HIDDEN>; "EMAIL HIDDEN"
<EMAIL HIDDEN>
Sent: Fri, January 6, 2012 12:35:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Discuss] Power Cable Needed

Quick calc- roughly 13,000 BTU output- is that correct? If so, and depending on
what one considers "heat the space" and "no time", you may want to reset your
expectations. 1000 sq ft x 10' high ceilings with avg insulation needs a bit
over 62,500 BTUs to raise the temp by 10 degrees F. (I'm just guessing at the
dimensions of the space).

http://www.heatershop.com/btu_calculator.htm