[EMS Discuss] Getting the word out

Mark Danburg-Wyld EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jul 13 19:24:16 PDT 2012

Hey all,

I've just left at EMS a box, in which are postcards, on which are
words and images, with which we can recruit additional people to come
check out EMS. Now, since those people are not at EMS to pick up a
postcard, I hope I can get you (yes, you!) to help put these postcards
in locations where they will do some good. Here's how to help:

1. Stop by EMS. Pick up a bunch of postcards. Go to
stores/libraries/schools/churches/etc. where people exist who might
not already know of EMS. Ask politely if you could leave a few of the
cards near the register/checkout counter/front door/altar/etc. so that
they can catch the eye of people who either themselves might be
interested or who might know someone who is interested.

2. Stop by EMS. Pick up a bunch of postcards. Go to the postoffice.
Buy a sheet of postcard stamps. Write heartfelt notes on the postcards
and mail them to people you know in the Eugene area who would enjoy
EMS if they only knew about it.

3. Stop by EMS. Pick up a bunch of postcards. Go to the postoffice.
Buy a sheet of postcard stamps. Write heartfelt notes on the postcards
and mail them to total strangers whose addresses you pick out of an
old Eugene phone book. You remember phone books, don't you? Big yellow
thing, thin pages, slow update cycle?

4. Stop by EMS. Measure the postcards. Design a postcard holding stand
in Blender, incorporating an EMS logo. Print a bunch of them for
people to take with them when dropping off postcards around town.

5. Stop by EMS. Pick up a single postcard. Look at it. I mean, really
look at it. Think to yourself "This looks like something Mark threw
together in an hour or less while figuring out GIMP on Ubuntu using
just the touchpad! I can, indeed I feel I *must*, design a much better
card to promote EMS!" Go fire up whatever tool you use for such things
and put me to shame.

The box with the postcards is currently semi-close to the MakerBot,
but you know how that goes.

Thanks,
Mark