[EMS Discuss] New welder for the shop

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 11 12:49:49 PDT 2012

Weston,

The idea to hold a welding class is a really good one.  I'd love to see
that happen.  We've already started doing classes with the Makerbot class
that I've held twice now.  I know James has been talking about putting on
various classes as well.  I believe he also has welding experience and
maybe he would be interested in putting on a welding class too, but I might
be wrong on that.

If you have enough experience working with the type of welder we have at
the shop, then please do feel free to host a class.  We can start out with
members only as a practice run and then maybe open it up to the public as a
way to raise funds and get new potential members into the shop.

Let me know if this is something you are definitely interested in doing,
and we can work together to get it on the EMS calendar and publish it on
our Blog/Facebook/etc.  I really want to see more community learning at EMS
(that was one of our core goals from the beginning) and this would be a
great way to push in that direction.

Rick