[EMS Discuss] Why are CNC Kits so Expensive?

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 18 15:20:02 PDT 2012

I don't honestly know the answer but I would guess that maybe it has
something to do with the fact that these parts have to be machined with
really tight tolerances.  If they are off by even a little it can add slop
and make your CNC machine less accurate.  I would think that in order to
make parts with such tight specifications they might need more expensive
equipment and maybe a lot more careful calibration and maintenance.  I
could be totally wrong but it seems to fit.

Kassie has built a few 3d printers so I wonder if she would have discovered
the answer in any of her research.

Rick