[EMS Discuss] Raspberry Pi case

Mon Mar 5 15:00:06 PST 2012

A useful project for the Thing-o-matic -- can it do a case big enough?
After seeing it on Open House my impression is MAYBE.

I ordered my Raspberry Pi yesterday, meaning I will probably get it
around June. :-(

Because the Pi board is so small and has so many features, it has
connectors on all edges, which makes popping it into a generic box more
difficult. It's been extensively engineered to be inexpensive.

This guy makes one with a laser. I did not see a numerically controlled
co2 laser at EMS though.

Damn, always wanted a high power laser. Also a CNC milling machine, a
TIG welding outfit... is there a wish list for EMS? And I wonder what it
would take to get me to drive down there to use it?

Brian in Corvallis