[EMS Discuss] Raspberry Pi case

Brian H Wilson EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Mar 5 15:00:06 PST 2012

A useful project for the Thing-o-matic -- can it do a case big enough?
After seeing it on Open House my impression is MAYBE.

http://marcoalici.wordpress.com/2012/02/29/me-and-the-raspberrypi-2/

I ordered my Raspberry Pi yesterday, meaning I will probably get it
around June. :-(

Because the Pi board is so small and has so many features, it has
connectors on all edges, which makes popping it into a generic box more
difficult. It's been extensively engineered to be inexpensive.

This guy makes one with a laser. I did not see a numerically controlled
co2 laser at EMS though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-case-for-Raspberry-Pi-Model-B-made-of-3mm-thick-acrylic-by-Laser-Co2-/360439728388?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopComponents_RL&hash=item53ebe1c904

Damn, always wanted a high power laser. Also a CNC milling machine, a
TIG welding outfit... is there a wish list for EMS? And I wonder what it
would take to get me to drive down there to use it?

Brian in Corvallis