[EMS Discuss] Raspberry Pi case

Laura Harris EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Mar 6 08:16:37 PST 2012

No- no CO2 lasers- not yet anyway. I made a CNC laser platform a few years back and have been thinking of upgrading it to IR (1-2 Watts).

________________________________
 From: Brian H Wilson <EMAIL HIDDEN>
To: "EMAIL HIDDEN" <EMAIL HIDDEN>
Sent: Monday, March 5, 2012 3:00 PM
Subject: [EMS Discuss] Raspberry Pi case

A useful project for the Thing-o-matic -- can it do a case big enough? After seeing it on Open House my impression is MAYBE.

http://marcoalici.wordpress.com/2012/02/29/me-and-the-raspberrypi-2/

I ordered my Raspberry Pi yesterday, meaning I will probably get it around June. :-(

Because the Pi board is so small and has so many features, it has connectors on all edges, which makes popping it into a generic box more difficult. It's been extensively engineered to be inexpensive.

This guy makes one with a laser. I did not see a numerically controlled co2 laser at EMS though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-case-for-Raspberry-Pi-Model-B-made-of-3mm-thick-acrylic-by-Laser-Co2-/360439728388?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopComponents_RL&hash=item53ebe1c904

Damn, always wanted a high power laser. Also a CNC milling machine, a TIG welding outfit... is there a wish list for EMS? And I wonder what it would take to get me to drive down there to use it?

Brian in Corvallis