[EMS Discuss] New Linked Forums

Mr. Clif EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Mar 7 17:34:43 PST 2012

Nathan,

InEugene wrote:
> I think you will want to switch that. As it stands making an account
> is unlocked and anyone can do create one in 30 seconds and have access...
Yes that is exactly the same as the mailing lists, and we haven't had a
problem with them yet. In fact Rick decided that it was too hard to post
to the board list so he opened it up to everyone.
> ...to the but all posts are moderated. What you will want to do is
> make it so all new members have to be approved and posts are
> unmoderated, otherwise someone will have to constantly be moderating
> posts.
Yes, perhaps that will become a problem someday, maybe even soon. At
that time we can easily switch. The forum uses Captcha so at least bots
can't easily register, and the first N posts of a new user are
moderated. Right now N is one, so we will probably have to bump that up.

I see someone made a FAKESPAMACCOUNT
<http://forum.eugenemakerspace.com/index.php?t=usrinfo&id=26&> was that
you? unfortunately those posts are still in the moderation queue... and
now they're gone.

> When can you obfuscate the email addresses? You might want to pull
> your forums back down until that can be done.
Done.

     Ciao,
     Clif