[EMS Discuss] New Linked Forums

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Mar 8 08:52:01 PST 2012

1) Can we possibly disable the mailman archives?  Now that we have
public forums that include mail archives, it seems like maybe it would
be redundant to have mail archives too.  If we disable them or lock
them, then we can remove the spam problem but they are still viewable
from inside the forum where the email addresses have at least been
obfuscated.  This seems like it could be a workable compromise.

2) I don't remember anyone at the board meeting saying that Nathan
shouldn't have administrator access.  I remember you were worried
about giving out administrator access because you didn't want other
people changing things like spam filtering settings from what we all
had agreed on at our meeting.  I remember we discussed that our agreed
on spam rules would be communicated to Nathan so he would know what
they are, in which case I personally don't think it should be a
problem for him to have administrator access.  As long as the forum
rules are communicated well, having multiple administrators should be
a good thing.

3) Just to re-iterate this whole Google statement is entirely Clif's
own and not the opinion of EMS.  What follows is my personal opinion
because we haven't discussed Google+ as a board.  I think if Nathan
wants to create a G+ page for EMS then go for it.  I would say just
try to use text from our website and Facebook page and not change it
too much so our mission doesn't get misconstrued in the wording.  What
we should really do is put together a press kit people can use for
setting up these types of things.  Since we don't have one, I think
taking text from our About page on the blog and from our Facebook page
would be good.  Anything we can do to spread the word about EMS is a
good thing in my opinion and if a member wants to take action to make
it happen we definitely shouldn't be shooting them down and making
them feel bad.

Rick