[EMS Discuss] [PROPOSAL] - Transferring hosted services

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Mar 12 15:40:10 PDT 2012

I wanted to make a proposal for a topic of discussion at our
membership meeting.  I would like to talk about moving our hosted
services (website, email, etc) to equipment or accounts owned by
Eugene Maker Space rather than any one member.  I think this is a
natural evolutionary step for Eugene Maker Space.  We should have
Internet at the shop in the next couple of weeks so we could host
everything there, or we might be able to get a free EMS owned web
hosting account with a larger hosting provider now that we have 501c3
sponsorship.  There are several options.

I would like to discuss our options at the next membership meeting and
perhaps make a decision if we all feel like we have enough information
to do so.

Does anyone else have thoughts about this?