[EMS Discuss] The "official" forum is getting spammed

InEugene EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Mar 12 22:15:23 PDT 2012

If you look at the "homepages" they've set up. It's pretty obvious they
are spam accounts. There have been three additional accounts created
since my initial email. The captcha doesn't seem to be helping. Fully
1/3 of the accounts are now fake spam accounts. When the spammer creates
an account on that forum they also have access to our first and last
names. Not critical but I tried to change the name on my account from
Nathan Worth to NathanW and somehow I now have two accounts. I'm curious
on how the spammers got to your forum so fast. I would assume mine would
have been hit because they are hosted on a free forum site, but I've had
no problems. Feel free to take a look, you'll have to create an account
to do so though as I have only general discussion open to non-members
and nothing open to guests.

http://eugenemakerspace.freeforums.org/

-N