[EMS Discuss] Proposals for membership meeting

Bob Miller EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Mar 20 16:24:16 PDT 2012

A week or two ago, Mark Danburg-Wyld posted that we might
be able to get some nice tools from BRING Recycling.  As
far as I know, nobody ever followed up on that.

If nobody has followed up, I'd like to propose an agenda item
that we appoint someone to take the lead on that project.

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Rick Osgood <EMAIL HIDDEN> wrote:
> If anyone has any more proposals for the membership meeting, please email
> them to the Discuss list today at some point.  We need to lock down the
> agenda so everyone knows what to expect at the meeting.  We already have a
> very full agenda.  Here is what we have on there so far:
>
> Members need to fill out the membership form and waiver if they have not
> already.
> Updates on the Comcast Internet situation and 501c3 status.
> Discuss and decide on transferring hosted services.
> Discuss the mailing lists / Forums
>
> We need to decide what medium we want to use as a group.  Mailing lists,
> Forums, or both somehow?
> Then we can decide how do we handle post searchability?  Completely public?
> Locked down?
> How do we handle email address obfuscation?
> James proposed that we use phpBB instead of the current forums.
>
> Formalize a process for making proposals.
>
> How can members submit topics for meetings?
> Do proposals require another member to second them before being added to the
> agenda?
> When should we stop accepting new proposals and lock down the agenda?
>
> Should be post the board/membership meeting minutes in the wiki rather than
> as attachments to the wiki?
> Discuss possible member dues payment feedback systems
>
> If you have anything you need added to the agenda for this meeting, please
> submit your proposal today.
>
> Thank you

Bob Miller                              K<bob>