[EMS Discuss] Merit badges idea

Ben Hallert EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 1 08:47:35 PDT 2012

I like the idea of defining skill goals and letting members determine
to their own criteria when they've met them.  We're all harsher
self-critics than we'd ever be of anyone else, especially when the
product of our self-certification (the badge) is on public display
alongside everyone else's!  :)

Plus, if someone is self-deluded as to their ability, it'll show in
the final result and they'll be self-announcing their actual skill.

- Ben