[EMS Discuss] Makerbot Replicator 2

Kassandra Kaplan EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 1 13:55:23 PDT 2012

That's a good printer!  It's a resin printer but not a dlp resin printer!

That printer has more in common with high end professional printers then with other kickstarter resin printer.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-a-Laser-3D-Printer-Stereolithography-at-Ho/

The above is an instructable version of the same type of printer.  In fact I bet they based their design on this one.

Regarding the replicator 2, it's been confirmed to have a closed source case and GUI.  The rest is open.  I think the thingaverse tos is well explained by the lawyer.  It seems that posting to thingaverse you are waiving you right to have your work attributed to you (the moral rights clause does not apply in the US), but you still retain ownership.

どうぞおげんきで
Kassie