[EMS Discuss] Membership Meeting 9/29/2012 Notes

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Oct 2 08:31:03 PDT 2012


Thanks for taking notes Weston with the absence of myself and Jeff.  I'm
glad we had some good discussions happening at the member meeting.

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 1:07 AM, Weston Turner <EMAIL HIDDEN> wrote:

> Eugene Maker Space Membership Meeting 9/29/2012 Notes
>
> Members Present:
>
>    -
>
>    Bob Miller (discussion leader)
>    -
>
>    Kassandra Kaplan
>    -
>
>    Ben Hallert
>    -
>
>    Darrell Perko
>    -
>
>    Mark Danburg-Wyld
>    -
>
>    New guy, forgot name (sorry)
>    -
>
>    Ionel Pusca (technically present :-)
>    -
>
>    Weston Turner
>
>
>
> Meeting started at roughly 1:20pm.
>
> Discussion Topics:
>
>    -
>
>    Changing the meeting time (how self referential):
>
>
>    1.
>
>    Action item: Preference voting using Doodle (again). Darrel elected to
>    head this up
>    2.
>
>    My 2 cents: although mid afternoon on a Saturday is perfectly doable
>    for me, It would seem that having the meeting earlier (9am perhaps) would
>    be a good start to a Saturday. It would get us up and out of bed and be a
>    good kickstart to the day rather than an interruption to it. It is
>    plausible that the average Maker Space member would have big plans on a
>    Saturday and want more continuity in the day.
>
>
>
>    -
>
>    Shop Floor plan:
>
>
>    1.
>
>    Action item: Move Red-Bull project to upper level next to Tesla Coil.
>    2.
>
>    Action item: Label things, I suggest labeling tool cases as a high
>    priority since it is not always obvious what is inside them, and one must
>    spend time searching through them in order to find out.
>    3.
>
>    Vote: Label personal things, If your name is not on your stuff by some
>    time in November, then it becomes shop property. Decided in the affirmative
>    unanimously.
>    4.
>
>    W tentatively enlisted James Hukill (in absentia) as the manager of
>    space and junk
>    5.
>
>    Discussion topic: Do we want a couch in the shop? opinions were mixed.
>    We want to open this topic up to wider discussion.
>
>
>
>    -
>
>    Finances: We are broke
>
>
>    1.
>
>    We need more members and more creative ways to raise money
>    2.
>
>    Action item: Advertise on Craigslist, UO, LCC, and the Science Factory
>    (forget who elected to head this up but you know who you are).
>    3.
>
>    Discussion topic: Time banking. We initially thought it would be a
>    good idea to require key-holders to work for an hour each month doing shop
>    improvement. But then we all turned against the idea (curious...) I still
>    think time banking is a good idea, but we would need to develop a good
>    accounting system for it and be careful not to alienate members by creating
>    a teared membership structure.
>
>
>
>    -
>
>    Shop Jobs
>
>
>    1.
>
>    Action item: Create a list of jobs that need to be performed
>    periodically in the shop. Kassie elected to head this up.
>    2.
>
>    Vote: Create a checklist of tasks that will be performed after the
>    open house nights and before closing the shop. For example: take out the
>    trash, vacuum and sweep, etc.. Decided in the affirmative unanimously. Ben,
>    Kassie, and Weston will head up the creation of the list and the criteria
>    for executing each task, e.g., trash above a certain level, made a big mess
>    with the drill press..
>    3.
>
>    Vote: Perform a quarterly shop cleanup. Decided in the affirmative
>    unanimously.
>
> Meeting adjourned at 2:30.
>
>
> Best Regards All, Weston
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Discuss mailing list
> EMAIL HIDDEN
> http://eugenemakerspace.com/mailman/listinfo/com.eugenemakerspace.discuss
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://eugenemakerspace.com/pipermail/com.eugenemakerspace.discuss/attachments/20121002/b5d72cc7/attachment.html>


More information about the Discuss mailing list