[EMS Discuss] Rick's 3d printer report.

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 10 10:11:50 PDT 2012

Sorry, I meant to reply to this a couple days ago and forgot about it.
 Thanks so much to all of you (both of you?) for working on this and making
the printer better than it was.  Bob showed me a print he made last night
for his laser cutter and it came out exactly the right size to fit
his bearings.  I was amazed because it was never that accurate when I was
using it.

All of the settings you mentioned, are these with the old replicator G
software and old skeinforge version that we have always been using at the
shop?  I know Darrel started trying to upgrade to the latest firmware and
software but I wasn't sure how far he got with that.  So all of these
settings are with the older software or the newer one?

As for the hardware upgrades, I personally don't mind if you guys want to
try something like this.  Just keep in mind that the printer has been
getting a lot of use lately so we want it out of commission for as little
time as possible and we want to notify everyone before taking it offline
for an extended period.  Also keep in mind that I haven't donated the
machine to the shop (yet anyway) so if you start putting money into the
machine and something happens where I need to take the machine home for
some reason, the parts you buy and put into the machine will either leave
with it, or we'll have to take them back off of it and put it back the way
it was.  I don't anticipate this happening but I don't want any one to feel
like they've wasted their money or had something taken away from them in
the event that I need it back for some reason.

Rick

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Kassandra Kaplan <EMAIL HIDDEN