[EMS Discuss] Rick's 3d printer report.

Kassandra Kaplan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 10 18:33:00 PDT 2012

Everything is based on old firmware and right now everything is based on the linux machine.

I have fixed most of the issues with switching firmware but one detail still remains before I'm willing to commit because I would want the machine down for more then a day.  At this point, I have gotten everything to work, but not in a user friendly way (including slic3r).

When the firmware goes live, there will be a quality hit as old settings will no longer work. I want everything to be "friendly" so tuning will be quick.

どうぞおげんきで
Kassie

On Oct 10, 2012, at 4:05 PM, Darrell Perko <EMAIL HIDDEN> wrote:

> Oh, sure.  I even got the new firmware loaded initially, but then the settings were so far off I couldn't get anything to print right and I had to revert the firmware.  Kassie has apparently fixed that, with what I imagine included a sizable investment in time.
>
> One thing I don't recall Kassie mentioning:  Do we have to use the laptop now, or did the desktop machine get a new version of ReplicatorG?  Kassie?
>
> BTW, I likely won't be around for a couple of weeks.  Got a lot to do before an out-of-state trip.
>
> -Darrell
>

> On 10/10/2012 2:27 PM, Bob Miller wrote:
>> But you put in the new glass bed, Darrell.
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Darrell Perko <EMAIL HIDDEN> wrote:
>>> The dialing in has all been Kassie.  My understanding is that she tried
>>> again and got it working with the latest firmware, just not with Slic3r yet.
>>> Correct, Kassie?
>>>

>>> On 10/10/2012 10:11 AM, Rick Osgood wrote:
>>>
>>> Sorry, I meant to reply to this a couple days ago and forgot about it.
>>> Thanks so much to all of you (both of you?) for working on this and making
>>> the printer better than it was.  Bob showed me a print he made last night
>>> for his laser cutter and it came out exactly the right size to fit his
>>> bearings.  I was amazed because it was never that accurate when I was using