[EMS Discuss] Wanted: Cool projects for our membership drive

Mark Danburg-Wyld EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Oct 23 14:40:28 PDT 2012

Thoughts and a question:

1. How many people came through the grand opening? To get a sense of scale....
2. http://www.makershed.com/Learn_to_Solder_Skill_Badge_Kit_p/mkls01.htm
- we'd need to order very soon (like, tomorrow) to get them in time,
but it could be a good station to have set up.
3. Thingiverse shop - have one or more printers set to go, guide
people to download/print something
4. We should have a constantly staffed table for signing up new people, etc.

I'll bring my printrbot to show off and/or run a thingiverse shop, and
I'll pre-print a fair number of give-away items between now and then
as well... I'd also be happy to front an order of soldering kits if we
have someone willing to staff that activity as needed.

Thanks,