[EMS Discuss] Wanted: Cool projects for our membership drive

Mr. Clif EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Oct 23 14:56:55 PDT 2012

Mark Danburg-Wyld wrote:
> Thoughts and a question:
>
> 1. How many people came through the grand opening? To get a sense of scale....

Not sure but about 50 - 75? Other estimates?
> 2. http://www.makershed.com/Learn_to_Solder_Skill_Badge_Kit_p/mkls01.htm
> - we'd need to order very soon (like, tomorrow) to get them in time,
> but it could be a good station to have set up.

Yes some kits would be nice not sure badges are the most attractive.
We did talk about restocking at the last board meeting. I think Rick
took that on.

Rick?? any progress on this? :-)
> 3. Thingiverse shop - have one or more printers set to go, guide
> people to download/print something

For sure lets pre-download a bunch of quick to print items.
> 4. We should have a constantly staffed table for signing up new people, etc.

We will have a sign up kiosk that we'll all keep an eye on.
> I'll bring my printrbot to show off and/or run a thingiverse shop, and
> I'll pre-print a fair number of give-away items between now and then
> as well... I'd also be happy to front an order of soldering kits if we
> have someone willing to staff that activity as needed.

We agreed that someone should staff the soldering station for sure.
> Thanks,

Thanks for your help Mark! :-)

     Clif