[EMS Discuss] Wanted: Cool projects for our membership drive

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 24 11:03:34 PDT 2012

Mark, I'm not sure how many people actually showed up but we were guessing
around 100 or so after the event.  You can get an idea for how busy it was
thanks to this time lapse that Kevin made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V_BHA_JEpA

I like the Make magazine skill badge idea.  Those kits are really simple
(possibly too simple) but I like the idea that someone who has never
soldered before can finish that project in just a couple minutes.  We might
get more people involved if they know that they don't have to make a large
time commitment.  We can order in groups of 4 for $10 or even 10 for $25.
 I will go ahead and buy 10 of these since I did say at the board meeting
that I would take care of it.  If you want to pitch in some money on top of
that so we can have more, that would be awesome.  If we have extras we can
always save them for events for later.  We can see about getting EMS to
reimburse us if there are enough funds left in the account.  Let me know if
you want to do this today and I will make one order so we don't have to pay
shipping twice.

Definitely bring your printer.  That's a great idea.  If other members can
bring theirs too, that would make for an even better spectacle.  They don't
even have to be fully completed.  Works in progress shows people that we
are actually doing things and not just showing off things we did in the
past.

Rick