[EMS Discuss] Makerbot Replicator 2

Kassandra Kaplan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 19 13:45:19 PDT 2012

No kidding!

.1mm layer height is pretty impressive. Particularly if it does that with near no tweaking!  My best is .06mm and the best I've seen is .01mm, regardless they are on par with the best.

Hardware improvements look meh. The largest improvement is clearly the new slicing engine.  They ditch skeinforge!!  Wonder if I could use it on my machine.

Nice to see a company trying to tune its machine for performance before sending it out!

But the cost, 2200 for the single head. Ouch, but might be worth it if you want a no hassle setup on a quality machine.  Seem like you are paying a lot for getting good software setting.

どうぞおげんきで
Kassie