[EMS Discuss] Need Help with a project.

EMAIL HIDDEN EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Apr 4 09:20:16 PDT 2013

Hey, Austin.

>From the diagram it looks like a serpentine belt.  You need to do just what the diagram says, except that a regular
wrench won't provide enough torque to release the tension.  (If it does, then the tensioner likely needs replacing.)
I have successfully used a breaker bar with a socket to de-tension this kind of belt.  Harbor Freight is currently
selling a specialized, longer, bar for serpentine belts for $14.99, with coupon.

I happen to have the breaker bar in my tool bag.  Where you at?

-Darrell