[EMS Discuss] Higher current H-Bridge and circuit help

Sun Apr 7 12:02:29 PDT 2013

The L193D should be adequate to drive your motor.  It has max of 1.2A on
peak current.

I think you need to ground pins 4,5,12, and 13.  You only have pin 4

You may also need to check that pin 1 goes high as well.

If this doesn't fix the problem, then look at your control inputs on pins 2
and 7.  When the motor is engaged either forward or backwards, make sure the
pulses are held in their respective state and not oscillating.  Also make
sure they go from 0 to 6V.  You'll need an oscilloscope to check this.

See the truth table below.

Check your VCC2 voltage to see that it doesn't drop excessively.  A bulk cap
(100uF) may be necessary if the batteries are located at a distance.

Also, look to see if the internal diodes suppress inductive spikes.
Otherwise, I recommend using the diodes to suppress inductive spikes.
1N4001 are good enough.