[EMS Discuss] Red Bull Creation Challenge 2013

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Apr 8 11:46:41 PDT 2013

Last year EMS put together a team to participate in the Red Bull Creation
challenge.  Red Bull sent us a custom Arduino board and we had to build
something awesome with it in a limited time in an attempt to qualify for
their final round of competition.  We had a team of 7-8 people work on our
entry for about two weeks straight.  It was intense but it was a ton of
fun.  It seemed like we all had a blast working on it, even if it was
stressful at times and even though it felt like the competition was a
little bit weighted.  I know it was probably my favorite project I've
worked on since EMS started, possibly ever.

If you haven't seen it, you can check out or project from last year here:
http://www.eugenemakerspace.com/red-bull-creation-build/

Red Bull just opened up their registration for this year's qualifier round.
 I signed EMS up again for this year.  They are accepting applications from
today through May 8th.  It sounds like they have 200 spots open.

Is anyone interested in participating this year if we are chosen again?  It
sounds like this year's competition is basically the same thing as last
year.  They will send us a custom Arduino board and we just have to make
something with it.  Let me know if you are interested so we can get a team
together and I'll let you know if I hear anything from Red Bull.

More info about this year's contest: http://creation.redbullusa.com

Rick