[EMS Discuss] Red Bull Creation Challenge 2013
Mon Apr 8 11:52:47 PDT 2013
Actually, this year is slightly different, but mostly the same. Here are
the official rules:
1. You must use interactive lighting to create something awesome, and 2.
You must upload a video (up to 3 minutes long) about what you made by May
5th 11:59PM PST.
- This year you do get extra points for creatively displaying your
creation in a public space.
- Well produced and/or fun videos always tend to score better, make sure
to put some time and thought into your final video. Also, be sure to
introduce yourselves, and tell everyone who you are.
- Always be mindful of the principals of mangneto reluctance and
- You must incorporate the TurBull Encabulator into your final Creation
in some capacity. You are free to use as much other hardware and technology
as you like though.
- Final teams competing in Red Bull Creation in New York will have 4
team members. You can have as many people helping on the qualifier build as
you would like.
- Sorry, but you must be over 18 to participate in the Red Bull Creation
- Qualifier judging will take place May 6-11th. The final 6 finalist
teams invited to Red Bull Creation will be announced May 13th!
- Judging is based on a combination of: use of technology, concept,
execution, and creativity in where/ how your final creation is displayed.
On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Rick Osgood <EMAIL HIDDEN> wrote:
> Last year EMS put together a team to participate in the Red Bull Creation
> challenge. Red Bull sent us a custom Arduino board and we had to build
> something awesome with it in a limited time in an attempt to qualify for
> their final round of competition. We had a team of 7-8 people work on our
> entry for about two weeks straight. It was intense but it was a ton of
> fun. It seemed like we all had a blast working on it, even if it was
> stressful at times and even though it felt like the competition was a
> little bit weighted. I know it was probably my favorite project I've
> worked on since EMS started, possibly ever.
> If you haven't seen it, you can check out or project from last year here:
> Red Bull just opened up their registration for this year's qualifier
> round. I signed EMS up again for this year. They are accepting
> applications from today through May 8th. It sounds like they have 200
> spots open.
> Is anyone interested in participating this year if we are chosen again?
> It sounds like this year's competition is basically the same thing as last
> year. They will send us a custom Arduino board and we just have to make
> something with it. Let me know if you are interested so we can get a team
> together and I'll let you know if I hear anything from Red Bull.
> More info about this year's contest: http://creation.redbullusa.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Discuss