[EMS Discuss] Red Bull Creation: We're in!

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Apr 10 15:24:28 PDT 2013

I just got the below email from RedBull further confirming that we were
selected, and also outlining the important rules and describing how judging
works:

Greetings,

Your team was selected to receive a Red Bull Creation- TurBull Encabulator
Qualifier Kit! You should receive it in the mail within the next few days.
We really hope you like it.  Also, we wanted to give everyone a little
breakdown of how the qualifying phase works.

Qualifier requirements:

   -

   There is no specific build direction for the qualifier other than to
   create something really wonderful using interactive lighting. Just be as
   creative as possible, have lots of fun, and make something you’re proud of.

   -

   You must incorporate the TurBull Encabulator into your final Creation in
   some capacity. However, feel free to use other materials and technology.
   The TurBull Encabulator does not have to be the primary/only piece of
   hardware you use.

   -

   You must create a video of your qualifier project, and upload your video
   to the link we will provide so we can share your ingenuity with the world
   (and our judges).

   -

   Although you can have as many people help on the qualifier build as you
   like,

final teams competing in the Red Bull Creation main event will be comprised
of 4 team members only.

How is the Qualifying Round Judged?

Judging is based on use of technology, concept, execution, and creativity
in how/where your final creation is displayed. Here are some tips:

   -

   Make a good video, and be sure to introduce yourselves, tell us who you
   are, etc.

   -

   Videos should be under 3 minutes or so.

   -

   We will send you a form to submit your video link (coming soon). Please
   use Youtube for the final upload. Final videos must be submitted by Sunday,
   May 5th at 11:59 PM PST.

   -

   Have lots of fun. It’s completely up to you what you make. In this
   competition we do not ask, or reward extra points for incorporating the Red
   Rull logo or can into your final Creation. You are welcome to do so,
   however, it does not influence judging in any way.

   -

   Extra points are given for creatively displaying your creation in a
   public space for people to enjoy, or somehow sharing it with the outside
   world.

   -

   That being said, please don’t do anything crazy or dumb. Seriously...

Important Dates:

   -

   May 5th 11:59PM PST: Send us your video links (via a form, coming soon)

   -

   May 6-11th: Qualifier judging will take place May 6-11th.

   -

   May 13th: The 6 finalist teams invited to Red Bull Creation will be
   announced

Want more info?

Check out the Red Bull Creation website: http://creation.redbullusa.com/

LET THERE BE LIGHT!