[EMS Discuss] Red Bull Meeting Saturday

Ben Hallert EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Apr 12 06:57:29 PDT 2013

Regarding target acquisition from the guns, I have two areas of research to
suggest:
1. Wiimote - the Wiimote has a camera that can track up to four 'blobs' in
hardware and can interface through I2C if I remember correctly; this could
reduce the CPU requirement, especially if it's determining if the blob is
centered.  Putting a scope on it might increase range and improve accuracy
too.

2. OpenCV is a vision library that may be able to assist as well if we want
to go with webcams in general.  If we can illuminate the target locally
with infrared (this would be part of the Wiimote strategy too) it could
potentially cut down on false positives and help us make sure the gun is
detecting that it's actually pointed directly at the target.

This is going to be great!  WiFi dongles in the guns, I assume, for range?
And an AP on the target for both guns to connect to?

Ben

- Ben