[EMS Discuss] Red Bull Creation Ideas

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Apr 15 10:25:33 PDT 2013

Craig had a cool idea for the target shooting range on Saturday.  What if
you had one player on each side of the board facing each other?  Then when
a player shoots the target, the servo spins the target around to face the
other player.  The object is to make all of the targets face the other
player.  Whoever gets all the targets to face the other player at the same
time wins. Or when the time runs out, whoever has less targets left to
shoot wins.  This would make the physical rotation of the targets more an
integral part of the experience, rather than just for flair.

Another version of this same idea would be if the players were on the same
side of the board and we used color changing targets instead of the
rotating targets.  The targets could just change colors when you shot them.
 The idea would be to make them all light up your own color to "own" the
target board.  If you shoot your own target after you already tag it with
your color, it changes back to the other player's color so that's how you
are penalized for hitting the wrong target.  So when you are in the lead,
more targets (and therefore more of the board) is lit up your own color.
 The downside to this version of the idea is that it gets rid of the cool
retro-mechanical aspect of the rotating targets.  But it does directly
involve the "light" aspect of the competition which is nice.

I thought they were both neat versions of the same basic idea and I was
curious what other people thought.