[EMS Discuss] Fwd: Science Fair Call for Presenters and Volunteers

Mark Danburg-Wyld EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Apr 27 13:00:36 PDT 2013

So, Rick and John and I did this last year, and it seems like a good way of
getting us out into the public eye. Last year we brought my
then-non-functioning 3D printer (not a big hit, although a few kids enjoyed
watching the printer head moving around), the lock-picking box (kids were
too rough with it), and the air vortex cannon (big hit until the smoke
machine died). Other booths there were a mix of hands-on and just
demonstrations.

Any volunteers to attend a EMS booth for this event this time around?

Thanks,

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brandy Todd <EMAIL HIDDEN>
Date: Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Subject: Science Fair Call for Presenters and Volunteers

Greetings Fellow Science Outreachers,

It's that time again!  The UO Science and Invention Fair is just around the
corner, May 18, 2013.

It will be in the Willamette Atrium again and were expecting an even larger
crowd than last year and YOU'RE INVITED!  If your group would like to host
a table for your organization with a fun activity for the kiddos please let
us know.

We've been working with 4J and Springfield school teachers to provide
project development workshops for kids around the district, and we've been
offering open workshops to the public, so we expect to have another nice
crop of projects.  The public is invited and we're hoping you can join us.

The event will be from 11am-3pm.  Your table should be set up and ready to
go by 10:30am.  Once again, we will provide tables.  If you have any
volunteers who would like to help out with the event or act as judges,
please send them our way.  A demo show and awards will begin at 2pm, so you
can start packing up at that time.

If you would like a table at the event please email me with your group
name, activity and if you need access to power.

Thanks again,
Brandy