[EMS Discuss] Vacuum former fundraiser

Greg Norman EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Aug 10 11:47:17 PDT 2013

What's the best way to get you the $$?   Pay Pall work?

Greg

________________________________
 From: Rick Osgood <EMAIL HIDDEN>
To: discuss <EMAIL HIDDEN>
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2013 2:04 PM
Subject: [EMS Discuss] Vacuum former fundraiser

We're finally nearing completion of the vacuum former.  Unfortunately the last couple of steps require that we spend larger chunks of money in order to proceed.  I don't have enough money right now to drop on all of this so I thought I would reach out to the EMS community to see if anyone wanted to donate some money to the project.  When the vacuum former is completed, it will live at EMS and be available for all members to use.  That was always the idea.

The final three steps we have to do are:

1. Purchase, build and install the heating elements ($226.00)
2. Purchase and install the vacuum pump system (~$400-$500 if everything is bought)
3. Install the electrical system (Not sure on the price yet as I have not researched it)

I'm hoping to try and get the $226 together to order the heating element kits so we can work on that.  Once that is completed, I intend to update the group and see if we can organize more funding for the vacuum system.  When that time comes, I'll have a more detailed plan to show what it should specifically cost and where that money is going.

The heating element kit really needs to be purchased from this source as it's one of the most finicky parts of the build.  These kits are designed specifically for this machine.  The vacuum system we may be able to cut costs if anyone has a big enough tank (or tanks) and a vacuum pump that can draw a good enough vacuum.  I'll send more details about that once we get to that step in the build process.

If you have anything you would like to donate to the cause, please let me know and we can work it out.

Thanks!

Rick